How UFM helps small businesses (finally) master sales and marketing ... and stop wasting money
UFM is the simplest way for organizations to manage all of their customer interactions and metrics in one place. This straightforward approach is clear enough to create alignment with everyone in the organization, not only sales, marketing, and client service professionals. To be successful in today's ultra-competitive business climate, everyone in the organization needs to understand your top-line revenue objectives - and how you'll get there.
UFM shows you the success - and the opportunities - for your entire customer journey in ONE place. No more complicated software. No more confusing language. No more hidden metrics.
The UFM Customer Journey Revenue Funnel is the foundation of the UFM philosophy. It not only guides your interactions with clients, but also speaks to the UFM core values:
- Accountability: All actions have a measurable place along the customer journey. That visibility leads to continual improvement.
- Flexibility: UFM does not prescribe which actions "work" and which "don't work" along the customer journey. You'll discover effective strategies (and discard ineffective ones) as you manage the funnel.
- Stick-Note-Simplicity: You don't need sophisticated software to operate UFM. In fact, most organizations attempt to measure and manage too many things, meaning they are effective at none of them. UFM forces a simpler approach all around - fewer steps and fewer metrics lead to improved focus and a clearer line of sight to results.
Here is why UFM is so effective:
- Most funnels focus on your sales process and needs. The UFM Customer Journey Revenue Funnel focuses instead on the customer's needs at each stage.
- This change is more important than you may realize. One of the major problems with sales, marketing, and account management is the "silos" of metrics aligned to one stage of the journey. Different groups inside the organization rarely share all the same incentives, leading to disconnects that your customer will see as they interact with you.
- The UFM Customer Journey Revenue Funnel focuses attention on the journey (using a more natural horizontal rather than a vertical orientation).
- Finally, the UFM approach highlights the importance of both customer acquisition and customer retention/growth. This better aligns to the realities of most organizations. You cannot focus on one or the other. The customer is the same in both cases!